On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 02:15 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:

As clamav becomes more and more stable and as snapshots are available I wonder when the OpenBSD port gets updated? Wouldn't it be nice if there were a clamav-latest port (for development and testing use) that fetches a clamav-latest.tar.gz file from the clamav server?

Well, since there are still issues popping up every day I do not believe that it is getting any more stable. I have been running a version since september under a supervise script and I have not had any seg faults or any other issues that I have had to deal with. There is no incentive to update the port until a _STABLE_ port comes out.

I will certainly mirror the dist file for the current port I have up, but I do not intend to update it on my machine. If you send your changes back to me, I will make them available.

There are some issues with making a -latest port. Such as getting over the WRKSRC issue. The -latest file unpacks into the folder clamav-devel-DATE. This is an issue for the port. I also have issues with doing this because the whole point of doing a port is that it runs on OpenBSD, and I cannot guarantee that the latest will run on OpenBSD if I do not create a new port for every release then test it and release the port.

If the OpenBSD port lacks behind because of lack of time, I can surely help (we use clamav on OpenBSD in production environments, so we have an interested in having the latest, stablest version available.)

I would never put -latest into a production environment. Half the time the latest version is not any more stable than the last. Also the majority of the time updating the port is just a matter of bumping VERSION. If I were interested in running clamav in a stable environment I would run what the porter said is stable.

Thanks very much for your interest.

Regards,
Marc

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email sponsored by: ApacheCon 2003, 16-19 November in Las Vegas. Learn firsthand the latest developments in Apache, PHP, Perl, XML, Java, MySQL, WebDAV, and more! http://www.apachecon.com/ _______________________________________________ Clamav-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/clamav-users