At 11:05 21/11/2003, you wrote:
I posted a similar problem on 13/11. The answer from Tomasz Kojm, which
worked for me, shown below.

Please edit libclamav/scanners.c, the line 64:

#define ZIPOSDET 20 /* FIXME: Make it user definable */

and increase the value to 50.

Has this gone into the "latest" from the CVS?

cheers

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Read [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 November 2003 10:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] over sized zips from 0.65

At 09:37 21/11/2003, you wrote:
>Brian Read wrote:
>
>>i am getting these, since upgrading to 0.65 on RH7.3:
>>/home/e-smith/files/ibays/software1/files/OpenOffice/OOo_1.1.0_Win32Intel_
install.zip:
>>Oversized Zip FOUND
>>/home/e-smith/files/ibays/software1/files/OpenOffice/OOo_1.0.3.1_Win32Inte
l_install.zip:
>>Oversized Zip FOUND
>>/home/e-smith/files/ibays/software2/files/Development/Delphi/Components/te
xt
>>search/qsrch.zip: Oversized Zip FOUND
>>/home/e-smith/files/ibays/software2/files/Development/Interbase/Interbase
>>Articles/ib_v_sql.zip: Oversized Zip FOUND
>>I can email/upload any or all if there is any interest.
>>Cheers
>>Brian
>Have a look at the archives, these are virusses which hide themselves in a
>corrupted zip file (which unfortunately decompress fine on windows
platforms).

true, but all these have been used on my XP system, and Norton has not
complained about them (and no virus effects have been seen)

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/ _______________________________________________ Clamav-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/clamav-users

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.