I have no problem in installing gmp under solaris
As shown below gmp is configured for 32 bit ABI support. And clamav has
sucessfully detected gmp

gmp ./configure screen shoot
checking dependency style of gcc... none
using ABI="32"
      CC="gcc"
      CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wa,-xarch=v8plus -mcpu=ultrasparc"
      CPPFLAGS=""
      MPN_PATH=" sparc32/v9 sparc32/v8 sparc32 generic"
checking for function prototypes... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for string.h... yes

clamav ./configure screen shoot
checking for bzReadOpen in -lbz2... yes
checking libmilter/mfapi.h usability... no
checking libmilter/mfapi.h presence... no
checking for libmilter/mfapi.h... no
checking for __gmpz_init in -lgmp... yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
/dev/(u)random detected.
Checking /etc/passwd...

My problem is I couldn't update the virus db using freshclam, all the
time I get

Current working dir is /usr/local/share/clamav
ClamAV update process started at Wed Jan 14 08:53:49 2004
Connected to clamav.nettron.co.za (195.86.57.50).
Reading CVD header (main.cvd): ERROR: Malformed CVD header detected.
ERROR: Can't read main.cvd header from clamav.nettron.co.za
(195.86.57.50)
Waiting 10 seconds...
ClamAV update process started at Wed Jan 14 08:56:07 2004