I am having this problem as well.  I have about 20 emails in my quaratine
which my qmail-scanner blocked because they had .exe or /pif attachments.
We have these attachment types blocked for security reasons.  However it
turns out these attachements all had virii in them.  Some flat out .exe
attachments, some .exe attachments in zip files and some that are using
different types of encoding to fool virus scanners.  I ran clamdscan on my
quarantine folder and NO messages are found to contain the Mydoom/Novarg
virus.  I know for a fact atleast 5 are infected.  I ran freshclam twice
this morning and it got updates both times.

I am running clamd 0.65 and my virus defs are as follows:

ClamAV update process started at Tue Jan 27 09:38:23 2004
main.cvd is up to date (version: 19, sigs: 19987, f-level: 1, builder:
ddm)
daily.cvd updated (version: 108, sigs: 593, f-level: 1, builder: ddm)
Database updated (20580 signatures) from database.clamav.net
(207.201.202.73).

Everything looks good yet Novarg is NOT detected.

Thanks

Jim Maul
Eastern Long Island Hospital
631-477-5417