I just installed clamav and clamav-milter (CVS from 20040126 (0.66g), FreeBSD
4.8 port clamav-devel), and am very happy with it. It's very fast, and is
doing a wonderful job of blocking various viruses to my users--nearly 7000
MyDooms since last night at 7pm. I'm very impressed.

However, I'm wondering about a few things that I didn't find in the
documentation.

I'm wondering if I can turn off the 550 bouncing behavior, and just silently
eat the viruses when they come in. Did I miss a configuration setting for
this? I'm not sure bouncing the mail back to the "original sender" is helping
anything. I thought maybe the --quiet switch would turn this off, but that
doesn't seem to be helping.

Also, is there some way of logging info about each viral message (to, from,
and virus caught maybe?) The clamd log only reports:

        stream: Worm.SCO.A FOUND

And the maillog doesn't report which virus was found.

Jan 29 10:21:07 charles sendmail[48548]: i0TGL6cZ048548: milter=clmilter,
reject=550 5.7.1 Virus detected by ClamAV - http://clamav.elektrapro.com Jan
29 10:21:07 charles sendmail[48548]: i0TGL6cZ048548: Milter: data, reject=550
5.7.1 Virus detected by ClamAV - http://clamav.elektrapro.com

I just like to know exactly what's going on, I guess.

Thanks!

--
Dan Bongert                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSCC Unix System Administrator