Ola Thoresen wrote:
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 at 09:01 GMT Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

We see this problem as well.
On a couple of servers (Fedora Core 1, kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl)
with reasonably high load - 10 - 50 mails/second, clamd will run
happily, using about 12 MB RAM, before it jumps to eat all available
memory, before we encounter an oom-situation.

Are you running clamav-milter ? Do you have enabled ScanMail in clamav.conf ?

No milter here.
We do run a more or less homemade smtp-proxy, which uses 'clamdscan --mbox' to scan each mail (saved as a temp-file while it is
being processed).

ScanMail is enabled, and it is working fine for anything from a few
minutes to several hours before freaking out.

I have now started clamd with Debug and Foreground options set, running in a screen so we might be able to find something next time it happens.

Could you check clamd's memory consumption before and after the check, and quarantine mails which cause more than 10% memory increase? Would be _really_ helpful.

Thomas