On Wednesday 11 Feb 2004 9:59 pm, james nelson wrote:
>  I am using the following milter call in sendmail:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=inet:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
> F=,T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
>
> From our primary smtp, smtpserver.network.com.
>
> I began testing and everything is working great.  However after about an hr
> or so I started noticing it taking an increased time to send email through
> smtpserver.network.com.  I am assuming this is because of virus scans
> occuring.  What are the best options for the milter to avoid the prolonged
> sendmail issue I seem to be incountering?

What version of clamav-milter?
What operating system?
Are you scanning outgoing as well as incoming messages?
Are you scanning on the same machine that the milter is running on? The milter
is capable of running on a separate machine from clamd, indeed it can talk to multiple
clamds on
different machines.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325