Hey Nigel,

I'm sorry for being kind-a stupid ;-)
but i have followed your documentation step-to-step.

I have a settings in clamav.conf to use user clamav, and this user exist
in the system.

but this user does not have rights to write in /var/run/.
(note there are no mention of rights to this folder in docs)

i can make this user as part of a root group - but then it will be same
as running as root.
or i can change rights to /var/run - but then again i have never seen
this to be necessary.

Please advise.

Sincerely,
Kiryl.