On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 01:40, Trog wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 07:25, Jaap Scholten wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > When I un-tar the latest clam-devel-xxxxx, I copy the new files over
> > the existing directory structure (running RedHat 8.0, Clamav 0.67-1).
>
> Why? Just do:
>
> tar xvfz clam-devel-xxxxx
> cd clam-devel-xxxxx
> ./configure
>
> no need to be copying files around.

True, but that won't solve the underlying problem that he doesn't
have automake-1.6 installed. Many older systems don't have automake-1.6
or autoconf-2.5+.

The solution is to either install the updated tools (automake, autoconf)
or do diffs from the snapshot to the 0.67-1 base and just apply the
patches to your 0.67-1 base.

        -Bill