Quoting Guillaume JULLIEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Thanks for your answers.
>
> My MTA is Postfix (subject: ...)
> More suggestions about a Postfix interface to ClamAV ?

Postfix+Amavisd-new+ClamAv on Linux works quite well and is quite low
on resource use.  ClamAv is running as a daemon.  For 500-700
msgs/day, it ran fine on a 133MHz 486 w/ 64MB memory.  I estimate that
it could run easily 3-5 times that volume.  Adding SpamAssassin brings
it to it's knees.  I am now running the same setup w/ SA on a 333MHz
PII w/ 192MB.  Same scalability estimate.  I think the key problem is
that Amavisd-new w/ SA uses lots of memory, hence lots of swapping on
low memory machines.  Note: Amavisd-new calls SA code directly, not
via a new process for each message.  Essentially, amavisd-new uses SA
as a subroutine library.

SpamAssassin is a memory hog, but I think it is worth buying more
memory if needed.  The 486 could not take more than 64MB of memory, so
it was retired.  The PII is supporting the MTA and an IMAP server
too.  Apache is running w/ SquirrelMail, but is seldom used.  It is a
little slow.  I usually use Apache w/ SquirrelMail on the workstation.

Jeffrey