Mon, 01 Mar 2004 at 09:06 GMT "Fajar A. Nugraha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> Since the password is the same, hopefully it won't take virus db team
> long to update the signature.
> However what IF:
>
> -   there's a new virus
> -   the virus just passes known (detected) worm, in a zip file
> -   the zip file is password-protected, and the password always changes
> (random, included in email body), thus
> -   the zip file always changes. Creating signature from zip is
> imposssible.
> -   ClamAV can't extract the real content.

Please forgive my ignorance, I have not used windows in a long time, but
if the Zip-file is password protected, how can the virus spread?

How does the user trying to extract the content know the password?
Especially if it is a "random" password for each file?

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen