On Friday 05 March 2004 8:22 pm, redragon wrote:

> This could end up being a long drawn out battle.

That is not what I intended to start when I posted my question, and I hope it
doesn't happen.

> I personally prefer
> sendmail to any other MTA and have no security issues with it.  Like any
> other piece of software you install it must be maintained.

Agreed.   I personally like sendmail, but that's partly simply because I know
it better than other MTAs.

I simply wanted to know if people were aware of any recent assessments
comparing the security of sendmail vs. other MTAs, showing that sendmail
still has problems.   The opinion expressed by Jim, that sendmail is less
secure than postfix or qmail, suggested to me that he might have something to
support it, and I would be very interested to see that.

Regards,

Antony.

--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.