On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 13:18, Sergey wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I run Clam AV on RedHat 6.2.
> Some time after (about one hour) running clamav-milter is stop scanning with error:

> For restore work I need to restart clamd and clamav-milter...
> Have you any idea ?

What is important is how many file descriptors the user clamav runs as
has. For example number of open files (-n) on a Fedora box defaults to
1024, which may not be enough.

You may want to also probe clamd when it is running to see how many/why
it needs so many files open (command-line examples below).

We have started restarting clamd every 3 hours. This is with 0.67, we
find that to be a reasonable solution.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]# su - clamav -s /bin/bash -c "ulimit -a"
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 10240
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 7168
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# lsof -p `ps --no-headers -C clamd -o pid`

--
Robert Schmidt -- UNIX Tech Support
[EMAIL PROTECTED]