On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 02:47, Wolfgang Cernohorsky wrote:
> Tom Munro Glass wrote:
>
> > I have installed ClamAv and amavisd-new to work with Postfix. They are mostly
> > working except that when I start amavisd I get the following message in
> > maillog:
> >
> > Found secondary av scanner Clam Antivirus - clamscan
> > at /usr/local/bin/clamscan
> >
> > When a message is sent to amavisd for scanning I get the following message:
> >
> > WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups
> >
> > I have checked that /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf and /usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf
> > are both referring to the same socket file in /var/run/clamav/clamd. I am
> > running both clamd and amavisd as user vscan so I don't understand why
> > amavisd isn't using clamd.
>
> Maybe a silly question, but
> - you've uncommented the clamd section in amavisd.conf, and
> - clamd is running before amavisd starts?

Another thing to check for it to make sure amavisd can find the socket
file. You mention the socket file is in /var/run/clamav. I amavisd is
running chroot, as it does by default on some systems, it is probably
locked into /var/lib/amavis and can't see the socket file.

If this is the case, change the path to the socket file to be
/var/lib/amavis/clamd (or where ever the amavisd home is). There are
other things you will need to change, such as the user clamd runs as
(should be amavis) and some directory permissions.

        -Bill Randle