On Tuesday 30 March 2004 14:24, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> Because it's in WinRAR 3 format
> Read the file README on your test directory (under clamav source dir) or
> http://clamav.or.id/snapshot/docs/html/node21.html
>
> "Unrarlib supports RAR 2.0 archives only and according to Christian the
> new format (introduced in WinRAR 3.0) will never be supported (however
> clamscan can scan WinRAR 3.0 archives, see below)"

And more:
"Due to security reasons clamd only scans archives supported by libclamav
and can't use external programs"

Hm. I understand this security reasons, but ignoring of external
programs absolutely is not good, I think. Some viruses may use
unsupported compression type... Security may be increased by another
paths, for examle running in chroot environment...

--
Regards,
Sergey