Alex Cherney wrote:

Sergey wrote:

Yesterday I download ClamWin and install it on windows client
successfully. Now I would like to ask how I can use the virus database
of server machine on Windows Clients so that I have to download latest
virus definitions on server only.

Well, currently ClamWin uses database mirror "database.clamav.net" hardcoded. I will add it to the ClamWin.conf as a parameter so it is possible to repoint to a local server.
I don't think this needs to be configurable in the GUI, possibly having setup to use properties from ClamWin.conf (residing in the same folder where setup.exe is) at the time of installation would suffice.

ClamWin seems like a good program, Alex. Can you modify it so that it could connect to a remote clamd server?
Possibly as an option.
The distributed clamav.exe on clamav source's contrib directory does that.
That would elliminate the need to setup update on every client.
This could increase local network traffic, but if it implemented as an option than admins
can choose whether they want central or distributed scanning engine.

Regards,

Fajar
--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office attachments.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ Clamav-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/clamav-users