On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:26:24 +0700
"Fajar A. Nugraha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Karl Hakmiller wrote:
>

> >I've verified that clamd is running so I suppose the problem is
> >that clamav-milter is unable to communicate with clamd.  It would
> >help me in troubleshooting this if you could tell me the
> >default location of the clamav-milter config file and, perhaps, > >indicate the
> >content I should expect to find there.
> >

> You found the right config file.
> I suspect there's permission problem on /var/clamav (or perhaps
> /var/clamav does not exist?).
> I'm not familiar with clamav-milter (nor sendmail), so I can't help you
> much.
> I use exim + exiscan and happy with it.
> Some people suggest than mailscanner
> (http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/)
> is easiest to integrate with sendmail.
> Perhaps you should try that.

It looks as if I'll have to do as you suggest -- just give up on clamav-milter -- but
before I do, I'll spend a few more days
hacking at it. I did come across the information in the user
manual for the 0.70 release of ClamAV that clamav-milter should
be installed in /usr/local/sbin it's not there so maybe the darned
thing just wasn't installed correctly by the rpm I used. So,
I'm going to start over from scratch with clamav-milter to see
if that fixes the problem.

BTW, /var/clamav does exist.  It holds the following files:
   daily.cvd  daily.cvd.rpmsave  main.cvd  main.cvd.rpmsave

Thanks very much for your replies and suggestions.  They are
appreciated.

--
Karl L
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]