From /etc/clamav.conf

# TCP port address.
#TCPSocket 3310

clamd will only run as local socket or inet socket not both at the same time. You probably have clamd running as local so when clamdscan tries to connect to the port it gets a connection refused. You will need to check your config and adjust accordingly.

Harrell, Roger wrote:

I've installed clamav. clamscan works, but the daemonized version
clamdscan
does not. It appears to be a permissions issue:

connect(): Connection refused
ERROR: Can't connect to clamd.