Hi

> you can use /dev/fd/2?
> /proc/self/fd/2

None of the suggestions incl. the above work....

Running Slack 9.1 boxes with Kernels 2.4.25 and others with
2.6.4

Errors reported are consistent:

ERROR: Can't open /dev/fd/2 in append mode.
ERROR: Problem with internal logger.
       Please check the permissions on the /dev/fd/2 file.

$ ls -la /dev/fd/2
lrwx------ foo users ......... /dev/fd/2 -> /dev/pts/5

No change, even if I change the permissions on these device
files. Looks like I'm going to have to stick to the patch -
absolutely no problems, works like a charm. Also used on a
Debian Linux box (Linux 2.4.18 I think).

Strange that others have no problems????

I'd appreciate a permission listing of those /dev entries
on the Slack boxes that have it working. Thanks.

cheers
Dale