This message you googled is most likely a problem with the softlimit.  The
poster mentioned using clamd/clamdscan most likely to reduce the
memory/processor overhead of using clamscan.  This most likely will NOT help
you as i dont believe you have the same problem.

<SNIP>

> > Now I found that clamscan is still looking for viruses.db file. Now I
> > added "--database=/usr/local/share/clamav/" option to clamscan
> and still
> > the same error message. Clamscan is still looking for .db file(s). In
> > help for clamscan is this: "Load virus database from FILE or load all
> > .db and db2 files from DIR" as decription for option "--database".
> > Question is, how to make it work with .cvd files. Version of
> clamscan is
> > also 0.70. Reason why I want to use clamscan instead of clamd/clamdscan
> > is that clamd cannot use external .rar files unpacker.

Clamav will attempt to use any .db file that it can find.  These are old
style databases and should most likely be removed from your system.
Removing *.cvd and re-downloading will not help as the .db files are still
there.  Also, you dont have to "make" clamav work with .cvd files as this is
the default.  Your clam installation is not ignoring your .cvd files, its
just using the .db ones also.

> I'm running clamscan via qmai-scanner-queue.pl and in $clamscan_option I
> have "--database=/usr/local/share/clamav/", but
> /var/spool/qmailscann/qmail-queue.log showes me still the same error
> message. In this log file I can see correct path pointed to .cvd
> directory, but it seems that clamscan is looking stil to
> /var/spool/qmailscan/tmp/host.domain.tld21312312/clamav-424242345/
> viruses.db
> for .db file. If I run clamscan as root (via command line) with the same
> options which are in qmail-queue-scanner.pl ($clamscan_option)
> everything looks ok.

Im not sure whats telling clamav to use
/var/spool/qmailscan/tmp/host.domain.tld21312312/clamav-424242345/ but you
may want to check /etc/clamav.conf and /etc/freshclam.conf and make sure
these arent telling it to do so.

Hope this helps.

Jim