Hi,
Are there any particular reasons why clamd might die all of sudden? It
happens to me atleast once a week. And then I have to many a times
remove the clamd file and restart clamd. And the worst part is that
my messages starts bouncing if clamd dies stating that it cannot connect
to clamd.

What do you guys do in this suitation other than running under daemontools?
I am more worried about the clamd socket which persist even when clamd dies.
Is there a way I can tell clamd not to look at that and what are the
disadvantages of this?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Shantanu