On Wednesday 19 May 2004 10:38 am, Jona Tallieu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have CLAMD up & running with our CommunigatePro
> mailserver and CGPAV filter.
>
> We do an hourly check for fresh virusses using cron
> and freshclam, and it works perfectly.

Hopefully you are doing this at a random number of minutes after the hour, and
certainly not on 00 minutes :)

> Some questions: will clamd automatically use the new
> virus-defenitions freshclam has downloaded, or
> do we need to relaunch clamd?

Clamd needs to be 'notified' to use the new signatures.

> Is this why there is an option in the freshclam.conf
> "NotifyClamd"? Do I need to enable that?

Yes to both these questions.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If you can't find an Open Source solution for it, then it isn't a real
problem.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.