What's the harm? You aren't selling them anything... Spam is something done
for commercial gain by definition isn't it? they are hurting you - wasting
your bandwidth etc... and as many of my customers could prove - they can go
for MONTHS not knowing they are infected. Your message could say something
like:

Notice from SMTP server @ YOUR_IP:

We have detected incoming mail from you containing virus XXXXX.

We are sending this notification as a public service. Please contact your
computer support person or visit one of the many PC Antivirus providers.
Many have free solutions to your problem.

my 2 cents.

m/