> If using clamdscan, then you would need the service clamd running.
>  If using clamscan, then there is no daemon necessary.  Are there
> any headers in the email showing anything about clamav?  Do you see
> anything in the clamav logs? Is mailscanner set up correctly to scan
> all incoming mail and to call clamav on each message?  Just because
> clamav is installed and working from the command line does not mean
> that mailscanner is using it.
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim.

I cannot start clamd service, it says that the service is not recognized.
However, clamscan works if I scan a directory or an infected file.

I changed MailScanner.conf and added the antivirus protection and set the
antivirus to clamav.

I'm new on this and haven't explored my server deeply but I think I'm not
using sendmail but qmail (Stupid question: how do I find that out?). I get
an "illegal option" error when starting MailScanner and actually I cannot see
sendmail service running. I also cannot start it with "service sendmail
start" 'cause it doesn't recognize it. I tried to change MailScanner to use
qmail but I did something wrong 'cause it didn't start at all.

Just for you to know, MailScanner is up and running and I think it is
detecting spam with spamassassin.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers,

Alfredo