On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:22:34 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christer "Mort" Boräng) wrote:

> I've installed clamav 0.72 on our new shiny SunFire 880 running
> Solaris 9, but for some reason it gives a Bus Error when trying to
> read zip files.
>
> clamav is compiled using /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc as a compiler, libz is
> the standard that Sun provides (1.1.4).

I do not know why you have this error.  What I do know is that my shiny new V210 (much
smaller budget:>) with Solaris 9 4/04 and the recommended patches from last month
works fine.  At least, it seems to.

I sent myself the test virus with the eicar virus for both password protected zip file
and within a zip.  Clamav found both virus.  If you have a specific virus email that
you can send me, I would be glad to let it run through and see what happens.

I also built clamav with Sun's compiler, Studio 8 to be exact.  However, I am using
the libz and libbz2 libraries from blastwave.org.  I doubt that will matter, since I
have used Sun's libraries in the past.  I build the clamav pkg for that group, so you
are welcome to give that a try.

Alex