Am Mittwoch, 11. August 2004 14:47 schrieb Robert Blayzor:

Hi,

> > No, multicast is not the most efficient solution and does no caching.
> > Honestly imho the DNS approach is the most feasable and the most
> > efficient solution as it provides incoherent caching uses udp and reuses
> > a widly available infrastructure.
>
> Why would you need caching?

PIM sparse helps in some situations but it put extra load on the routers. I
like the fact the PIM sparse is a "request-only service but still imho a pull
is better than a push approach.

For enterprise use and its security policies using http for the download is
most appropriate especially when using caching upstream http proxies.

> Especially when using PIM sparse.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]