Hello all.

I have a problem with make on MacOS X Panther 10.3.5. I searched the
archives and found the usual "run 'sudo ranlib /usr/lib/libbz2.a' " tip.
However this does _not_ work for me (and someone else on this list).

Scanning works though, but if I try to compile pyclamav it complains about
missing linker symbols for:

-----
ld: Undefined symbols:
_BZ2_bzRead
_BZ2_bzReadClose
_BZ2_bzReadOpen
-----

Strange though that ./configure seems to know about libbz2:

-----
checking for bzReadOpen in -lbz2... no
checking bzlib.h usability... yes
checking bzlib.h presence... yes
checking for bzlib.h... yes
-----

This occured with clamav-0.74 and clamav-0.75.1.

Here's my output:

-----
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o libclamav.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib -version-info 1:4:0 matcher.lo md5.lo others.lo readdb.lo
cvd.lo dsig.lo str.lo scanners.lo unrarlib.lo zzip-dir.lo zzip-err.lo
zzip-file.lo zzip-info.lo zzip-io.lo zzip-stat.lo zzip-zip.lo strc.lo
blob.lo mbox.lo message.lo snprintf.lo strrcpy.lo table.lo text.lo
ole2_extract.lo vba_extract.lo msexpand.lo -lz -lbz2 -lgmp
rm -fr .libs/libclamav.la .libs/libclamav.* .libs/libclamav.*

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lbz2.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libbz2 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib/libbz2.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
gcc -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o
.libs/libclamav.1.0.4.dylib  matcher.lo md5.lo others.lo readdb.lo cvd.lo
dsig.lo str.lo scanners.lo unrarlib.lo zzip-dir.lo zzip-err.lo
zzip-file.lo zzip-info.lo zzip-io.lo zzip-stat.lo zzip-zip.lo strc.lo
blob.lo mbox.lo message.lo snprintf.lo strrcpy.lo table.lo text.lo
ole2_extract.lo vba_extract.lo msexpand.lo  -lz -L/usr/local/lib -lgmp -lc
-install_name  /usr/local/lib/libclamav.1.dylib -compatibility_version 2
-current_version 2.4
-----

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!