>* Jona Tallieu (T & T  n.v.) <Junk <at> tnt.be>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just upgraded from latest stable 0.75.1 to the final 0.80.
>>
>> Now, when freshclam starts, I get this in the freshclam logfile:
>>
>> ERROR: Can't save PID to file /var/clamav/freshclam.pid: Permission denied
>>

>> The option in freshclam.conf has been disabled (default):
>> #PidFile /var/run/freshclam.pid
>
>The default value is being used: /var/run/freshclam.pid !=
>/var/clamav/freshclam.pid !

I tried activating the save PID file with the value /var/clamav/freshclam.pid
but I get the same error.

Now also, after a freshclam update, I get following error

ERROR: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through
/var/clamav/clamd.sock

So it seems freshclam can not access anything in /var/clamav/.

The permissions for /var/clamav/ are:

drw-r--r--   4 lp    lp       136 18 Oct 10:49 clamav

And inside are:

-rw-rw----  1 root  lp  4 18 Oct 10:39 clamd.pid
srwxrwxrwx  1 root  lp  0 18 Oct 10:39 clamd.sock

Anyone?

Thanks!

J.