* Todd Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20041027 22:50]: wrote:
> Scott Ryan wanted us to know:
>
> >I am having a slight problem which appears to have stemmed from swapping from
> >tcp sockets to unix sockets. Every now and again, and across 5 identical
> >servers, i get a huge number of clamdscan processes, which prevents qmail
> >accepting smtp connections. I made the total random assumption that clamav
> >has a problem tearing down unix sockets under load.
> >However, I would like to be able to prove this so I am looking for someone to
> >give some pointer as to where to start looking.
> >I would like to use unix sockets as I understand that there is not as much
> >overhead compared to tcp sockets, but this issue is causing me a bit of
> >problem.
>
> How many threads do you have set in clamd.conf?

Hey Todd,

How does one determine the correct number of threads to use in
clamd.conf?

Answering this question conclusively will help many folks.

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121