Thomas Lamy wrote:

Ajaya Sharma wrote:

Hi,

I'm running clamav .7.5.1 and want to update to latest verion. I was able
to compile clamav-0.80rc3 without any problem but somehow I remained
unsuccessful after clamav-0.80rc3. Below was the error received when
attempted
to compile clamav-0.80rc4 and clamav-080:

fsg.lo line.lo untar.lo special.lo -lz -lpthread -lsocket -lnsl -lc Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
__eprintf strrcpy.lo
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
.libs/libclamav.so.1.0.4
make[2]: *** [libclamav.la] Error 1

From your ld path I guess it's some Slowlaris platform.

SLOWlaris? LOL.

I had no problems compiling on Solaris 9, it was all running out of the box. You may also want to try the 0.80 _release_ (not some release candidate).

He did try 0.80 AND 0.80rc4, it didn't work :)
My GUESS is it has something to do with your build environment (autoconf, automake, cc, ld, etc.).
However I can confirm that 0.80 (and the later CVS snapshots) builds OK on Solaris 8.
I had lots of gnu tools on it though, haven't test it on "vanilla" solaris.

If you want, you can use my clamav solaris binaries from http://clamav.or.id/snapshot/ or http://clamav.or.id/stable/

Regards,

Fajar