On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:29:20AM -0600, Jeremy Kitchen said:
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 05:56 pm, Stephen Gran wrote:
> [snip]
> > So, when start-stop-daemon (or daemon) sends a kill signal, it ends up
> > signalling the wrong thread, and it takes a long time for the signal to
> > work.
>
> http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html
> http://smarden.org/runit
>
> makes it very easy to send signals to applications.

Unfortunately in my role as packaager, I can't make too many assumptions
about what methods people are using to run things on their system.

Thanks, though.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Old age is the harbor of all ills.   -- |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | Bion                                    |