Steve Basford wrote:

since ClamAV reached v0.80, I am using it to scan and reject e-mail
messages.  Today I noticed that ClamAV also detects phishing attacks.
Phishing is pure social engineering and poses no threat whatsoever in a
technical sense.

I'm certainly *very* happy that ClamAV team have added more phishing
detections (thanks Trog et all).

Yes, you're correct it's social engineering.... but it doesn't stop users clicking on the links
and downloading the keylogging trojan, from the remote site that the phish email takes them to.

I don't personally think we need a "--no-phishing" option in ClamAV but someone might ;)

Perhaps a way to disable certain signatures or patterns of signatures would be better?

Cheers,
Steve