On Nov 15, 2004, at 4:41 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
I find it interesting though that I've yet to hear from anyone
commenting on my proposal to create a filter that will extract and
convert all emails into pure text, or reformat it so only certain
things can get through as an attachment with a pure text message so it
would be "defanged" of scripts, web content, potential scripting
exploits, etc...I'm honestly beginning to wonder how hard
that would be to make and whether it may be of use for some sites.

Microsoft SMTP Server allows this via CDO.Message
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ cdosys/html/_cdosys_imessage_htmlbody.asp

"When... you set the HTMLBody property, Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) automatically sets the TextBody property to the plain text equivalent."

Ironically it's MS's interpretation of HTML that usually leads to problems... :-)