On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:07 +0000 in
[EMAIL PROTECTED] "Paul Dobson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ClamAV users ML <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >Looks like you have an old version of libclamav in your LD_PATH or
> >else you are running an old version of freshclam.
> >
> >I'd suggest very carefully checking your installation and finding and
> >clearing out the old stuff.
>
> I would guess that the version I have (libclamav.1.0.3.dylib) is a
> newer version than libclamav.1.dylib and I cleared out the old
> installation(0.70) using make uninstall and make distclean won't this
> have got everything?

It probably should, but it sounds to me as if you need a symlink anyway.
On Linux it is usual to have a shared library name such as foo.so linked
to a major version like foo.so.1 which itself is a link to the actual
library itself which is something like foo.so.1.0.3 (I hope that's
clear). I'm not MacOS X-aware so maybe someone else can help you out
with the equivalent naming convention there?

The symptom you describe sounds like there is an old library somewhere
else, but I forget when functionality level 2 was brought in, it might
have been between 0.70 and 0.75, so whatever you had was older than this
breakpoint. I'd say there is still a remnant of 0.70 on there somewhere
though.....

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk