Chris Jones wrote:
Brian Morrison wrote:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:45:46 +0000 in [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chris Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Whenever I re-boot, clamd starts, but clamav-milter refuses. The error
I get is:-

| clamav-milter failed. The error was: Starting Clamav Milter Daemon: /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock: Connection refused
| Can't talk to clamd server via /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock
| Check your entry for LocalSocket in /etc/clamav.conf
| [FAILED]

I am running Fedora Core 2 with clamav 0.80-1.1

And have you checked clamd.conf to see what the LocalSocket is
configured to be? If it isn't set to /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock then
clamav-milter is going to have a hard time talking to clamd that way. If
it is, have you checked the permissions on /tmp/clamd?

/etc/clamd.conf shows the following for LocalSocket

| LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock

/etc/clamav.conf shows the following for LocalSocket
| LocalSocket /tmp/clamd/clamd.sock

Should these both be the same?

No. You shouldnt even have a clamav.conf anymore actually. Starting with clamav 0.80 clamav.conf has been replaced by clamd.conf.

-Jim