-----Original Message-----
At 12.08 01/12/2004, you wrote:
 >> And now a wish:
 >> Is possible to implement in clamav-milter or clamd itself the
 >> possibility to define a list of suffix I'd like to consider as:
 >> UNAUTHORIZED ATTACH TYPE
 >
 >That is not the job of a virus-scanner, it's the job of a content-
 >filter.

I know, but what if I want to consider them by default undesiderable ?
I think clamav-milter should do the job quite easily.
If it found such attachment it threat like a virus name :
UNAUTHORIZED ATTACH TYPE
Stop... :-)

Do you think the idea is wrong ? In this way, as I said, you could also
lower the cpu load on the antivir box (you discard without check) and you
could fight better the new virus (If my sig doesn't detect, probably the
attach type do the message be discarded).
And last... we probably stop to use other tool like noattach (which I like
very much, indeed).

Thanks for attention.

[Mitch says:]
Basically, what everyone is saying by "that is what a content filter is for"
is USE a content filter - do that BEFORE you run clam on the content - that
will be faster - and clam won't have to reinvent the wheel and maintain code
that others already do.

Opensource software is often not monolithic - to get what you want, you are
expected to combine suitable projects - this flexibility and dedication to
purpose is generally a good thing - projects fail more often as they
increase in scope.

m/