Quoting Dennis Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> James wrote:
> > Let's try with a searchable subject...  ;-)
> >
> > I am having the same issues too:
> >
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > __eprintf                           strrcpy.lo
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> > .libs/libclamav.so.1.0.4
> > make[2]: *** [libclamav.la] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/space/src/clamav-0.80/libclamav'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/space/src/clamav-0.80'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > I am running Solaris 8 x86.  I also have to disable bzip2 (otherwise I get
> the
> > bzip compile errors) although I have the latest version of bzip2 installed
> and
> > referenced out of /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin.
> >
> > Anyone have any new ideas?  FYI, I can compile .80rc3...
> >
> > James
>
> Is it possible the build is referencing a lib file that itself references
> another missing lib? I recall having problems with this when migrating
> binaries
> between systems that had inconsistant library versions. Any more I just
> upgrade
> everything everywhere (Perl, Apache, Berkeley DB, pcre, openssl, openssh,
> blah
> blah blah, etc) at the same time and the problem's gone - rsync /usr/local
> can be your friend if you do it right.

Perhaps...  But my build environment is pretty stable.  When making a new
system, I start off with a clean install of Solaris 8, then have a reliable
cpio of my latest /usr/local/.  Most everything in there has been recently
compiled and I usually don't run into many problems - other than getting stuff
to compile on Solaris x86 is quite difficult sometimes... ;-)