Simon Crowther schrieb:
I have just installed clamav on Debian, updated and tested it at virustest.org. It didn't detect any of the test viruses, even those in the message body. I ran clamscan and clamdscan from the command line. Clamscan found nothing, clamdscan found them all and also the mydoom.gen-1 worm. Can anyone tell me why clamscan doesn't seem to be scanning messages or how to set clamdscan to scan messages? I'm also not clear what action clamav takes on viruses it finds. Is mydoom still there or has it been deleted? How do I know?
thanks,
Simon

Which version of Clamav and Debian? And what 'glue' do you want to use between your MTA and ClamAV?

The version in Debian "Sarge" (aka "Testing") is 0.80 and works like a charm.
The "glue" may be clamav-milter if you're using sendmail, or (for instance) amavisd-new: I have no personal experience with clamav-milter, but use amavisd-new and postfix in over a dozen servers. For this config some manual configuration is needed in postfix, but amavisd-new finds clamav without intervention.

Thomas