Nigel Horne wrote:

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 15:48 +0530, Mohamed Jahfar Sadiq M.R wrote:

Hi All,

I need to install a new Sendmail server with more security features like
ClamAV Anti Virus + Spam Assasin + Squirrel Mail + Sendmail. I was
really confused with where I should start working upon. So if anyone has
already done a similar settings, please guide me through.

I need to create a custom RPM for all these packages. So if anyone can
get me the documents which explains to a better level or some websites
which I can refer to.....

Download the source rpms and rebuild them to your tastes

OR

Install the checkinstall software
Download the fresh source and create rpms for them on the fly with checkinstall

If you dont feel comfortable with doing either of the above, you should not be making custom RPMs. There lies madness and unmaintainability.
(consider making a custom RPM containing ONLY your changes to the software if we are talking about config files)

Sid

-Nigel