dlpreston wrote:
At 09:00 AM 12/20/2004, you wrote:

Todd Lyons wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wanted us to know:

> Unless it's been fixed recently, that howto tells you to have clamdscan
> symlinked to clamscan.  That's a very inefficient way to use it on a
> mail server unless you have very low traffic.
>
> Is that in fact what you did?  If not, then ignore this email.

This is not the case anymore. The Howto has been changed and now uses the real clamdscan.

-Jim

This is still the case on freebsd, it fixed my problem after reading this message, rename clamdscan to clamdscan.org ln -s /usr/local/bin/clamscan /usr/local/bin/clamdscan

All of a sudden my emails are being scanned and it caught the test_installation.sh emails.

When the qmailrocks guide was updated to include clamav 0.80, the installation instructions were also updated to no longer include the linking of clamdscan to clamscan. Anyone following the current qmailrocks guide will not have this symlinking going on.

-Jim