At 01:51 PM 12/20/2004, you wrote:

Looks good. clamd is listening on a unix socket though, this might give problems in chrooted environments.

> [....]
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:03:43 PST:15104: from='Qmail-Scanner Test <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>', subj='Qmail-Scanner viral test (2/4): checking perlscanner...', via local process 15104
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:03:43 PST:15104: error_condition: X-Antivirus-DLLD.ORG-1.24-st-qms: clamdscan: corrupt or unknown clamd scanner error or memory/resource/perms problem - exit status 512/2
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:03:43 PST:15104: ------ Process 15104 finished. Total of 0.287283 sec
Does it change when you comment out "LocalSocket" and "FixStaleSocket" (if enabled) in clamd.conf, and add
TCPSocket 3310
TCPAddr 127.0.0.1
to it? This enables clamd/clamdscan to communicate over IP sockets, to circumvent possible chroot() problems.

Thomas

same errors, I saw in this list something about it works just not with the test messages inthe script. I am goin to try and leave it running using the local socket and see what happens without the symlink. I will move one of my other mx record:s that gets mail and see if it lets mail through.