Arkady V.Belousov wrote the following on 01/07/2005 06:30 PM :

Hi!

6-Янв-2005 20:25 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Maul) wrote to "ClamAV users ML"
<clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>:

Ok, let me get this right. Clamav cannot clean? What good is it?

JM> What good is it?  It detects viruses!  I'd say thats pretty good.

1. When (I hope, not "if") disinfection will be implemented?

disinfection is implemented by your backup software, just restore the last backup to restore infected files clamav will delete. If you don't have any backup you have huge problems nobody can help you with...

2. How handled viruses, which affects not only files (there are a lot of
  ways:

- boot-viruses;

they don't work with windows. Your PC won't boot anymore : restore backups or use fdisk /mbr.

- modifying batch/scripts/source files;

detected.

- adding Run keys in Windows registry;

restore backups.

- modifying other vital Registry keys

restore backups.

).
3. How handled viruses, which doesn't modify files (like NIMDA)?

Use a firewall, apply security fixes. From what I read in your post, you seem to be mistaking AV solutions with a full fledge security policy involving AV solutions as an item among others.

Best regards,

--
Lionel Bouton - inet6