Cesar Gonzalez writes:

 > I'm getting this on my maillog, any ideas? It runs for a while, and for no
 > aparent reason starts doing that, stoping clamd and milter and restarting
 > them fixes the problem, but it's rather annoying doing several times a day.

it may be a complete coincidence, but i was seeing this under load
with 0.80. when this was happening it looked like the number of
sendmail processes was bumping up against MaxDaemonChildren.

i increased MaxThreads (in clamd.conf) and MaxDaemonChildren (sendmail.cf)
and the problem went away.

possibly a coincidence, of course -- i'm a clamav newbie.

rp

rick pim                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
information technology services                          (613) 533-2242
queen's university, kingston