>I want to set up a filter in Kmail to scan my email for viruses like I have
>spamassasian checking for spam. Can someone tell me how to do that?

As other users have pointed out you can use the anti-virus wizard that's
built into the latest versions of KMail. Another alternative, is to use the
mail-scanning agent that comes with KlamAV, a KDE gui frontend for Clamav.
The setup process is performed by KlamAV itself, so it should require
minimum fuss to get it going. Because KlamAV uses clamd the scanning is
faster and less intrusive than the clamscan scanning set up by KMail's
wizard.

I should probably declare my interests by saying that I'm the author of
KlamAV. So if you do try it, I'd welcome any feedback.

Thanks,
Robert