On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, James Lick wrote:

Igor Brezac wrote:

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, David Blank-Edelman wrote:

Solaris 9, gcc built, Solaris 9 stock zlib (1.1.4)

I'm running clamd 0.83 on Solaris 9 compiled with gcc 3.4.2 and zlib 1.2.2. The older zlib releases have been known to cause clamd to crash, so you might want to try that first. I use clamd over a named socket instead of TCP, dunno if that would be a difference. You might also want to check if your kernel and thread library patches are up to date.

I run things on Solaris 9 as well and I have not run into this problem. However, I am seeing a huge increase in memory usage after .81 release. .80 ran fine. How much memory does your clamd process consume when it stops running?

My clamd is at 12mb process size currently. I haven't noticed memory bloat in recent versions.

This is the starting clamd memory footprint. How many messages are you scanning? 0.80 ran fine, I noticed the problem since 0.81...

--
Igor