Philipp Offermann wrote:

Hi,

I'm using courier-mta and am looking for a mail filter that does the
following:

I've never used courier-mta, so don't know much about it. That said:

- read mail from stdin
- scan for viruses
- modify header of the message accordingly
- optional: send mail to sender in case of infection
- optional: remove virus from mail
- write resulting mail to stdout

Clamassassin is a script which gives a spamassassin-like method of operation to ClamAV. In other words, it reads a file from STDIN, throws it to clamd for scanning, and then writes the email to STDOUT with headers inserted. It doesn't do the 'optional' things above, but you do say they're optional.

It's designed to make ClamAV scanning easy for procmail users, so it needs formail to be present.

We use it as a safety net; most mail is scanned on arrival by clamav-milter, but if the milter dies or is reset (or the mail takes a certain unusual path through the mail system which happens to bypass the primary, milter-equipped servers), mail will get through unscanned. Procmail checks for the milter-added headers and, if they're not there, passes the message to clamassassin.

I want to be able to include that program in the .courier file with "||".

I don't know about this.

If the program or script would integrate spamassasin it would be great.

It's an sh script, so with a bit of coding it would be simple to direct its output to spamc.

There's a link to it on the 3rd party software page on the ClamAV website.

Craig.
------

At the moment I'm using the longtime discontinued blackhole, which does all
of this except for writing to stdout, it writes directly to the mailbox
preventing further filtering.

Does anyone know a program that fulfills my needs?

Thanks, Philipp