On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:11:12 +0100 in [EMAIL PROTECTED] Per
Jessen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  What I saw was this:
>
>  1) email says "new version available".

So the db update mail is fast then ;-)

>  2) freshclam tries DNS - DNS says no.

I presume that the action of uploading a new database update triggers a
script that:

sends the mailing list notification
updates the database on the main (non-public) server
kicks off a DNS update

but may not:

tell mirror servers to re-sync with the main server

There is also the question of your own DNS access and caching behaviour,
I'm not sure what the TTL is for the clamAV text record for
current.cvd.clamav.net but if my reading of dig's output is correct it's
about 14 minutes.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk