We are having problems with certain mailing list digests that cause clamav to
recurse impressively. I see a hint about a similar problem on the developers
list but haven't seen anything on this users list yet.

A typical 170kB digest containing about 90 messages took 7 hours to scan and
exploded to 3900MB!

I think clamav is seeing the message digest "headers" as an indication of
bounces andrecursing.

This can be demonstrated using the --no-mail option to clamscan.

HOWEVER, I am NOT able to turn the ScanMail feature off in the clamd daemon by
editting the clamd.conf file - the option remains on.

I have reverted to version 0.71 which saves embarrassment for our mail server!

Any idea how I can turn ScanMail off in the daemon?

Thanks,
Steve Platt