Since files in /var/spool/mqueue commonly consist of two separate
parts, a 'q' and a 'd' file, one holding the headers (with extra info),
the other the data, it does not surprise me that you cannot find
viruses in them. I mean, in that shape they are not exactly
in mbox mail format (or concatenated header + body format).

You should scan in /var/mail/ or something. But better, of course,
to scan prior to delivery (scanning in /var/mail/ could create a
race condition, where a pop client reads from the mbox file before
you could scan it).

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---