On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:39:40 -0600, Dan Bongert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's a pretty beefy box (though not even close to cutting-edge): dual
> PIII 1.13GHz processors, 1GB of RAM, FreeBSD 4.8. It's not
> particularly processor-bound--the load average is usually less than
> 1, and top only reports 162MB of active RAM. I'm wondering if there
> might be something weird with .doc scanning (for macro viruses)? That
> wouldn't be a problem with PDFs...

Well, I just turned one of the RTF documents I've got kicking around
into a DOC, coming out at 480 KB.  That went through in ~3 seconds.

I suspect the possibility of a config problem on your box?

Worth checking - which milter are you using and are you using the
clamav from the ports?

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor